Sunday, June 13, 2010

Our First Garden

This year Grandma and Grandpa Wollaston, who are expert gardeners, came over and helped all the kids plant our very first garden. Each kid got their own grow box and got to decide what they wanted to plant. Parker has tomatoes, lettuce, and  peppers. Spencer has corn, tomatoes, and green beans. Savannah has watermelon, cucumbers, and squash. And Zachy has radishes, carrots, and pumpkins. We also planted some strawberries and extra pumpkins. Im no green thumb, and our yard came equipped with apples, cherries, plums, apricots, raspberries, strawberries, and a grapevine which to this point has only provided shade for the tennis court. One day I'll figure it all out. But for now, im just gonna try and grow a garden. The kids were so excited to do this, and so far they've taken great care of it. Spencer said, "Its so exciting to think theres stuff growing  right there in our yard!" Its been a week, lets see if we can keep it alive long enuf to eat it!

4 comments:

  1. SO jealous! I want a garden but want someone to come help set it all up. I can barely keep my flowers alive though... I didn't get moms cooking genes or gardening genes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't have a green thumb either, but somehow I can keep a garden alive (probably because I don't have to remember to water it). You can't beat the taste of a tomato fresh from the garden.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So so cool! Wish I had a yard big enough and NO doggies! Love your blog girl, so fun huh. I think of it as a picture journal...makes me happy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Your garden looks awesome! Invite me over when it is all grown! :D

    ReplyDelete