Sunday, August 8, 2010

Sunscreen








In an attempt to defend my "Mother of the Year" title, i let Zachy go swimming at the neighbors pool all day without putting on sunscreen. I simply forgot and got busy, and at the end of the day i saw how red he was. Almost purple. The next morning he woke up to these blisters. He was in major pain for a week as i tried to treat his 3rd degree burns, and with the help of aloe, eucerin, and magic oil, it finally "healed". But he now has white scars on both his shoulders. I feel HORRIBLE! Ive scarred my child--on the outside, not the inside this time. But, neither one of us will ever forget sunscreen again! Hes a little afraid of the sun now. That first week he wud hang in the shade afraid to cross thru the sun to even get in the car. "Mom, the sun will get me!"

No comments:

Post a Comment