Thursday, July 15, 2010

Squirrel!!


So after working so hard on our very 1st garden, imagine my dismay at discovering all my lettuce and many other plants were being eaten. I mean here one day, and munched to the ground the next. I then noticed a squirrel running thru the yard, and sometimes in my garage. Based on my knowledge of rodents and furry creatures liking and eating carrots and other garden plants (that i picked up from an entire childhood of bugs bunny cartoons) i deduced it simply must be the squirrel whos using my garden as his own personal all you can eat salad bar. The kids did some detective work and informed me that we have an entire family of squirrels living under my shed. 4 to be exact. The kids then set about catching them in a trap. Ha! I said. Theyre much to smart to fall for your trap! Well, apparently peanut butter is far too tempting for them. They caught this little one they called Little Mary. (they named the others Big Papa, Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum. After catching it they decided just to let it go, back to the feast of my garden.

No comments:

Post a Comment